Welcome!

The Bridge Between Gaps was a blog created to find a way to connect two opposing opinions with positive discussion. I will connect my thoughts throughout the blog and share a bridge picture that my wife and/or I have taken somewhere throughout our travels. Please leave comments to serve the positive good and strengths in people.

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The Pendulum Swings Too Far

Imagine two hands, two fingers, two thumbs tearing apart a ketchup packet you just got at your favorite fast food restaurant. Now imagine that your fingers are too greasy from the greedy bite of the juicy hamburger you inhaled because you were too impatient to wait to eat. Was it easy to open the ketchup packet? Did you resort to placing the packet in your mouth to tear it open?

In order for me to get rid of internal terrible feelings about our nations politics, I have to resort to analogies while I look up facts and watch TV. The analogy of the ketchup packet being separated by two hands, fingers and thumbs is a direct correlation of our main stream media and political affiliations. Try and tear open a ketchup packet with one hand without using your teeth. Did it work? If you managed to pull it off it was difficult at best. Our policies in America can not be opened with one hand it has to be two hands-two sides. And, while our main-stream media plans to show our nation divided, I do not! Although, we need to get better and quit bickering.

Greed (The juicy, greasy hamburger) spoils everything. Money, power, your wrong and I'm right, you said this, I said that-is splitting the nation in two. It makes the two hands re
sort to sticking the ketchup packet in the mouth. This, of course, causes adverse pr
oblems like economic tragedies, more greed, protection of assets, placing blame without looking into yourself, stress, shootings, not-so-certain foreign policies and just simply, not getting along withe other side. The Pendulum swings too far left and right. We (The American People) need to find the center of manic unreality. Stop finding negatives with others and work on affirming strengths. You know who you are! Media and politicians. Yeah you!

I work hard to positively motivate people. Sure I get mad and angry, and before I took a look at myself (a long look I might add) I might have blamed someone else for my behavior. But it is time to center your actions.

The pendulum needs to settle so we can repair the clock. The pendulum swings too far. It needs to come back to reality.

What bridge can be built to close the gap between far left and far right?

No comments:

Post a Comment